Thursday, May 10, 2012

Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies

Cookies!!! Who out there doesn't like...no love a great cookie? Although cupcakes have been and are still the rage, and yes I am a cupcake lover myself and adore making them for my family and friends I have made it one of my missions this year to bring back the "cookie".

The thing I love most about cookies is the endless possibilites and combinations of flavours...with these cookies I am sharing with you all, they combine two of my little girls favourite things...chocolate and pretzels! I know she's not alone there, so one rainy day when I was in the kitchen with my kiddies baking cookies "Isla's chocolate chip pretzel cookies", were created!



I use a pretty basic cookie dough base and then just add what ever ingreidents take my fancy that day...feel free to do the same! And while were talking cookie dough, this is hands down the best tasting cookie dough out there. I mean the kind of dough you could snack on while watching your favourite movie or while your baking the rest of the dough off in the oven.

I hope you enjoy them as much as my little girl does....and remember your only limited by your imagination!



Chocolate Chip Pretzel Cookies



2 cups all purpose flour

1 tsp baking soda

1/4 tsp salt

1/2 cup (1 stick) plus 3 tblsp unsalted room temp butter

1 cup firmly packed light brown sugar

1/4 cup granulated sugar

1 large egg (room temp)

2 tsp vanilla

3oz pretzels, roughly chopped

3oz semi sweet chocolate chips

3oz milk chocolate chips



Pre-heat oven to 350f (180c)



Combine flour, baking soda and salt....either sift of stir through with a wisk, set aside.
Cream butter and sugars together (about 2-3 mins) until pale a fluffy, add egg and mix well.
Add flour mixture, beat together. Stir in vanilla, then fold in chocolate and pretzels.
Drop 1-2 tblsp heaps onto cookie sheet and bake for 10-12 mins.




No comments:

Post a Comment