Friday, May 25, 2012


Lemon, Thyme and White Wine Chicken

I love, love, love this dish! Not only is it a one pot wonder, but it's bursting with flavour and so simple to make. I was wondering what to do for dinner tonight, and as I looked in my fridge and cupboards my big bowl of lemons were staring at me and I had chicken thigh's in the fridge. So I trolled the web for some inspiration and went to my favourite website http://www.donnahay.com.au/recipes-home. Donna Hay is my food idol....so up popped her lemon, thyme and white wine chicken (all ingredients I actually had at home by chance), and it turned out beautifully....and I had to share it with you.



For a dish that only has a handful of ingredients it is so delicious. I think that's what it is, the more simple a recipe the more the flavours shine. I am serving this over basmati rice so all the lovely sauce is soaked up and enjoyed as it should be.



Lemon, Thyme and White Wine Chicken



 8 chicken thigh fillets, skin on and bone in


2 brown onions, quartered


1 lemon, sliced


6 garlic cloves, unpeeled


10 sprigs of thyme


1/4 (60ml) olive oil


1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine


1 1/2 cups (375ml) chicken stock



Preheat oven to 180°C (355°F). Place the chicken, onion, lemon, garlic, thyme and oil in a bowl and toss to combine. Heat a large heavy-based saucepan over high heat. Cook the chicken, onion, lemon, garlic and thyme in batches, for 3–4 minutes each side or until golden. Set aside and keep warm. Add the wine to the pan and cook for 30 seconds, scraping the bottom of the pan with a wooden spoon. Add the chicken and stock to the pan and bring to the boil. Roast in the oven for 30–35 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through.

To freeze, allow to cool, divide the chicken and sauce into 4 portions and place in zip-lock bags or airtight containers. Freeze for up to 3 months. Before reheating, place the chicken in the fridge overnight and allow to defrost completely.


No comments:

Post a Comment