Tuesday, May 15, 2012

Playdough

My little girls favourite thing to do is playdough. Although she was never great at packing it away and so of course it dried out and was then thrown out. Needless to say I have spent quite a bit of money on tubs of playdoh at the store until I realised....my Mum used to make me and my sister playdough....why aren't I doing the same for my kids!




I found this recipe and made a couple of adjustments and it is the loveliest, softest playdough in the world. My kids adore I it....I hope yours do to!!!



Playdough


2 cups all purpose flour

1 cup table salt

2 cups of coloured water

1 tsp cream of tartar

2 1/2 tblsp olive oil

Put all ingredients in large pot over medium high heat and use a whisk to blend everything together so there are no lumps. Once it's nice and smooth use a wooden spoon and constantly stir until the dough forms a big ball and moves away from the sides of the pot.

Place playdough on a large piece of parchment paper and sandwich the top with another large piece of parchment. This will help the playdough from drying out while it is cooling.

Once cooled place in ziplock bags and store in the fridge.







No comments:

Post a Comment