Thursday, May 10, 2012

Double Chocolate Cookies

Way back in 2006 I bought a Martha Stewart "Holiday Cookies" magazine and to this day it is the most used cook book I have! Love her or hate her I think she is a domestic Queen and when I'm looking for a sure fire hit I do look to her for inspiration and great recipes.




These cookies are a perfect combination of sweetness and chewiness, and they look so pretty! I have to say I cooked them for the specified time and they came out hard as rocks, so I just played around with the cooking times and found that they were between a 10-12 minute cookie....although everyones oven is different and so I do suggest you baking off just a couple first to see where you sit with your oven and what cooking time works best for you. These cookies are slightly underbaked with a slightly crunchy outside and chewy inside....my idea of heaven!





Double Chocolate Cookies



1 cup all purpose flour

1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder

1/2 tsp baking soda

1/2 tsp salt

1/2 pound milk chocolate (4 oz coarsely chopped, 4 oz cut into 1/4 inch chunks.....or you could use chocolate chips)

1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter

1 1/2 cups sugar

2 large eggs, room temp

1 tsp vanilla



Preheat oven to 325f.


Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking powder and salt, set aside. Melt 4 oz coarsely chopped chocolate and butter in a heat proof bowl over a saucepan of simmering water, let cool slightly.

Add chocolate mixture to sugar, eggs and vanilla in a large bowl and beat with electric mixer until combined, then gradually mix in the flour mixture. Fold in chocolate chunks.

Using a tablespoon measure drop dough onto a lined cookie sheet keeping about 2 inches between dough. Bake for 10 - 15 mins or until cookies are flat and tops have cracked (mine took exactly 10-12 mins, but will vary from oven to oven).

Cool cookies on wire racks lined with parchment.





No comments:

Post a Comment