Saturday, July 21, 2012

Thai Chicken Burger

Ok! So this is quite possibly the best burger I've ever had. It's such a nice switch up from your regular beef burger or even BBQ'd chicken burger. The thai flavours are so light and fresh, I can't get enough.



For my birthday party this year I took the burger recipe and turned it into chicken meat ball lettace wraps, they were a big hit and so delicious. I have to say I actually eat this burger mostly wrapped up in lettace instead of the bun. I love recipes that can be more than one dish.



Thai Chicken Burger


400g lean chicken mince



1 shallot, trimmed, chopped ( I use a shallot not spring onions)


3 tblsp chopped fesh coriander


1 fresh red chilli, finely chopped (I also use 1-2 jalapenos)


1 large garlic cloved, crushed


1 tblsp grated fresh ginger


1 tblsp finely chopped fresh lemon grass


olive oil cooking spray


4 wholemeal buns, hollowed out and toasted


4 iceberg or cos lettace leaves, shredded


1 small tomato, sliced


1 small cucumber sliced


60g bean sprouts


to serves coriander sprigs




Combine chicken mince, shallot, coriander, chilli, garlic, ginger and lemongrass in a bowl (don't over mix or your burgers will be tough). Use clean wet hands and shape into 2 patties.


Lightly spray a non stick frying pan with olive oil spray and heat over medium heat.


Add patties and cook 3-5 mins each side or until cooked through.


Toast hollowed out buns, divide the lettace between the bases and top with cucumber, add the burger then the tomato. Add bean spouts to top bun half with the extra coriander sprigs.


(I put a little mayo on the 2 buns halves and sweet chilli sauce to the top half with the bean shoots and coriander)




NOTE:

You can use this burger recipe to make thai chicken meat balls. I roll them into small balls and fry them off in a pan til cooked through. I then wash and rinse either iceburg or baby cos lettace leaves and turn the chicken ball into wraps.


Pop a chicken ball in a lettace leaf, top with cucumber slices, cilantro, bean sprouts and sweet chilli sauce, great for a party or a fun dinner for the kiddies!







No comments:

Post a Comment