Saturday, July 28, 2012

Lemon, Thyme Chicken Sandwiches

This delightful sandwich filling came from my sister, she made them for a get together years ago and everyone couldn't stop talking about how delicious they were. Needless to say I have kept them in my repertoire and they deliver everytime.


I love to make these for picnics, or for when I have quite a few people coming over. It's easy to put together and absolutely no cooking required....gotta love that, I mean a store bought chicken...doesn't get an easier than that.



Lemon, Thyme Chicken Sandwiches




1/2 BBQ chicken, diced with skin on (about 2 cups)


3 tblsp mayonnaise

1 tblsp chopped fresh thyme

1 tblsp lemon zest

cracked black pepper

8 slices of freshly baked bread (I use white and brown)

butter

 
Dice the BBQ chicken, leaving the skin on and put into a large bowl ( I like to keep the dice somewhat small). Add the mayonnaise, thyme, lemon zest and black pepper, mix well.

Butter the bread slices and put an scoop of chicken mixture on on slice then top with the other buttered piece of bread. Cut as desired ( I like to cut the crusts off and the cut into small squares).


Of course double or triple the recipe depending on how many people your feeding.







No comments:

Post a Comment